spoiler --- spoiler --- spoiler --- spoiler
So it seems that Kishi was very quick to answer my question of just what was going to happen regarding the Naruto vs. Sasuke fight that has been hyped since forever, because now the time for it has finally come!
- Right when it appears that happily ever after is right around the corner and all Naruto and Sasuke have to do is end the infinite tsukuyomi together, Sasuke reveals his plan to kill all the kages first, lol Sasuke, I don't even know what to say. I actually understand why Sasuke would want to destroy the whole shinobi system as it exists and start all over after all the pain it has caused him and so many others, but his methods just come across as so extreme that it's hard to figure out just what is going on inisde of his mind.
- I won't even get into the whole "revolution" thing. Again, I understand why Sasuke would hate the current state of the ninja world but after imprisoning the bijuus he ends up looking even more selfish and controlling than he did before.
- Could it get any worse? Yes, yes it can! When Sakura made that fierce and angry face while looking at Sasuke, I thought that she was going to finally tell him off and stand up for herself and for the rest of team 7. Instead we got pretty much just begging and pleading and another love confession. I don't want to come across as being unnecesarily harsh towards Sakura, because of course she loves and cares about Sasuke and wants to save him and there's nothing wrong with that in and of itself. Personally, I just hate the way Kishi once again finds a way to exclude Sakura from the action but I guess it was inevitable. It is supposed to be Sasuke vs. Naruto only after all.
- Anyways, genjutsu was once considered to be one of Sakura's specialties if I'm remembering correctly. There's always the chance that she might be able to break free of the genjutsu that Sasuke put her in to keep her from following after him and Naruto, but I'm not going to get my hopes up too much about that.
- So once again, neither Kakashi nor Sakura were able to talk Sasuke out of his plans and so it's up to Naruto to stop him, and of course there is no better place for them to battle it out than at the Valley of the End. I did laugh a little though when Naruto said that they used to fight there many times when from what I remember, they only fought there once XD Oh Kishi...
- So last chapter, the two are finally alone at the Valley of the End and Sasuke explains his idea of what kind of hokage he wants to become, a hokage of darkness who controls all the villages by causing them to fear and hate him. To achieve this, he needs to cut all ties to his past bonds again and so he feels he must kill Naruto, his best friend. Again, this chapter made me sorry for how alone Sasuke has felt all along, but the poor boy's mind works in the strangest ways. I don't know whether to laugh at his plan or just feel sad for him.
- Now that Sasuke and Naruto are done talking and are getting into actual fighting, things should get more interesting. I don't know how it will measure up to the fight at the end of part 1, but I'm starting to feel the excitement nonetheless.
Hopefully, I'll get back to reviewing chapters one at a time this week
Thoughts? Opinions? Predictions? Till then
Note: I'm currently on the lookout for a new sannin/admin. If anyone is interested, please PM me.
Remember to check our Manga Reviews Archive Vol.1 & Manga Reviews Archive Vol.2 for pasts reviews
Also you can check Naruto Group's Latest Manga Review
Till next time PurpleGeisha