spoiler --- spoiler --- spoiler --- spoiler
Happy (late) birthday Sasuke
That being said, now for the chapter and some interesting news
- There's going to be a new Naruto movie this December which takes place when Naruto is around eighteen years old (and with shorter hair XD). This movie will mark the end of the current series as we know it, which makes me a little sad but also happy at the same time. It's hard to explain, but it's like I've really grown up with this series and I can't believe it's really ending this year.
- Anyways, onto the chapter. It starts with Hagoromo explaining stuff to the hokages, but I was way too distracted by the chapter cover with team seven as cowboys to really pay attention to any of it. First the LOTR type AU and now a wild west AU, Kishi is really spoiling us with some of his best art ever, I must say
- Back again to the chapter, must stay focused! Kaguya is busy defeating all of Naruto's clones in order to get to the real one and kill him. Meanwhile, Kakashi stands by feeling really helpless and useless and it just really hurts my heart to see Kakashi depressed about anything. He is inspired by Naruto's fighting spirit and snaps out of it just in time for Obito, Sakura, and Sasuke to return to the snow dimension. I like that cute angry face black zetsu makes when he notices they brought Sasuke back and is just like "wtf, Sasuke?!"
- So just as Sasuke and Naruto are about tu reunite, Kaguya catches Naruto in her hair and stabs him and everyone is shocked and horrified. However, it was a trick! Yet another clone death Naruto was clever enough to know Kaguya would target whichever clone had the goudama. Even Kakashi was impressed.
- Also, it was cute that in the middle of all this action, Naruto wanted to make sure that Sasuke thanked Obito and Sakura for saving him. He wants him to appreciate them just like all of us fans do
- Kaguya of course does not appreciate being tricked, so she sends them all to a high gravity dimension so that she can finish them off there. Even she is not immune to the force of gravity there and is pinned down as well. Before she can kill Naruto and Sasuke, Obito and Kakashi rush ahead to take their places and die instead. A vision of Rin's spirit grabbing both their hands helps to propel them forward. It's a touching team Minato moment.
- Kakashi assumes that all three will be together as a team again in the afterlife, but at the last second Obito uses kamui to send the bone aimed at Kakashi away, while he himself is pierced. So Kakashi will live, and Obito alone will be reunited with Rin's spirit after death
Overall it was a good chapter. I was one of those who was somewhat against Obito getting redeemed but I think that Kishi did a good job of it in this chapter. Of course I am more excited about that December movie and can't wait for more info on it
Thoughts? Opinions? Predictions? Till then
Note: I'm currently on the lookout for a new sannin/admin. If anyone is interested, please PM me.
Remember to check our Manga Reviews Archive Vol.1 & Manga Reviews Archive Vol.2 for pasts reviews
Also you can check Naruto Group's Latest Manga Review
Till next time PurpleGeisha